Tuesday 3 March 2009

Rainbows and Traffic Jams

Yesterday, we saw another rainbow on our way home after fetching Son No 2. The rainbow was spectacular, arching over the entire sky. It lifted our spirits and as always, I am reminded of the Bible and God's covenant to mankind.

I have seen more rainbows here over the past two years than my entire life in Singapore.

Today, there was no rainbow. Instead, I was caught in a 1.5-hour traffic jam going to fetch Son No 2 AND another 1.5-hour traffic jam coming back. That's altogether 3 hours on the road. My fingers were so stiff gripping the steering wheel that I had to do finger-flexing exercises. My right foot was similarly stiff after holding it angled in a fixed position for 3 hours.

I have had more traffic jams here over the past two years than my entire life in Singapore.

That about describes my life here in KL.

BTW, in case you missed the point, this is supposed to be cheem!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

such a big contrast!!

Jolene Zheng said...

Ya, the difference is between a little rain and a massive thunderstorm :)