Thursday 27 November 2008

Our Top Ten 2008 Hitz

The year is fast drawing to a close and the mood is there for drawing up lists. [Be warned!]

Yesterday, Son No 1 and I sat down together and each came up with our list of favourite songs of 2008. Son No 1 got his I-pod this year and since then, has been following the chart-toppers faithfully. I remember I was about that age when I started listening to pop music. Now, we listen to songs together during our drive home from school.

I might add that Son No 1's list sounded more like his current top ten hits. I know of a few songs that he used to like not too long ago but did not appear on the list.

On the other hand, my list sounded like the Top Ten from 2007-2008. When I did some homework, I realised that some of the songs that I have chosen were actually released in 2007. So, for me, I retain my memory for too long! But where our respective memories overlap, we do like the same songs :)

So here goes (not in any particular order):

Son No 1's Top Ten 2008 Hitz

1 Crush: David Archuleta
2 Love Story: Taylor Swift
3 9 To 5: Mike Myers
4 Disturbia: Rihanna
5 Viva La Vida: Coldplay
6 Love Bug: Jonas Brothers
7 4 Minutes: Madonna feat. Timberlake
8 The Great Escape: Boys Like Girls
9 I'm Yours: Jason Mraz
10 Now Or Never: High School Musical 3

My Top Ten 2008 Hitz

1 I'm Yours: Jason Mraz
2 Bubbly*: Colbie Caillat
3 Finally#: Fergie
4 4 Minutes: Madonna feat. Timberlake
5 Viva La Vida: Coldplay
6 Love Bug: Jonas Brothers
7 7 Things: Miley Cyrus
8 Take A Bow: Rihanna
9 Won't Go Home Without You: Maroon 5
10 American Boy: Estelle feat. Kanye West

*Released in the US, Australia in 2007 but in the UK in 2008
# This is the only track from Fergie's debut album, The Dutchess, that was released in 2008.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Gosh, i know only 4 or 5 songs from both the lists!

Jolene Zheng said...

That's not bad!

yuenyim said...

haha!..someone needs to be more updated... :)

Anonymous said...

Suffice to say that Eddy did better than me....