Saturday 25 April 2009

Turning 6

So now my baby is 6 years old.

More than one well-wisher have wistfully reminded me to enjoy the children while they are young.

I know.... very soon, my baby will be in primary school and when that happens, he will enter a new phase of life.

What will I miss?

  1. Someone who is still keen to tag along when I run my errands

  2. Someone who skips in the carpark on the way to school

  3. Someone who tells me all the details of what happened in class

  4. Someone who calls me on the phone when I am not around

  5. Someone who laughs out loud at his own lame jokes

  6. Someone who laughs out loud at my own lame jokes

  7. Someone who thinks I know everything and am the greatest

  8. Someone who holds my hand tightly for comfort or security

  9. Someone who helps me look at the world thru a child's eye

  10. Someone who can be delighted by the simplest things - like an ice-cream or a sweet
But most of all, the 3 things I will miss:
  1. Someone who welcomes my bear hugs and hugs me back tightly

  2. Someone who still enjoys being kissed

  3. Someone who murmurs softly, at the brink of falling asleep... "I love you the most."

Sigh....

No comments: