Monday 28 July 2008

An Update

It has been a busy weekend. First, a new semester has started at the university where I am a part-time tutor. For this semester, I have agreed to take two classes. I enjoy teaching and as I am pretty familiar now with the subject content, I figure it should not take up too much of my time in terms of preparation. But still, it means I have to go to the university on both Saturday and Sunday, once every month.

But what has been really taking up my time is Son No 2's term tests. The syllabus is very demanding for a 7-year-old and I am compelled to guide him in his work. To be fair to him, he is learning two new languages at the same time (Chinese and Malay) and many of the subjects are taught in Chinese. Given that, I would say he has been coping extremely well, better than I had expected.

Good thing is Son No 1 is having his school hols - so my chauffering duties are somewhat lightened. I say, "somewhat" because he still has other activities that require chauffering. You know, things like movies, camps, enrichment classes and chores that need to be completed during school hols.

And Son No 3? He's still mulling over his future career. He has hit the nail on its head last week when he wondered aloud, "When I grow up, there are so many things to do, and I have to work so-oo hard. Mummy, can I be a 'children' when I grow up?" Darling, don't we all wish we can be children all over again? Enjoy your life while you can!

Anyway, this promises to be another busy week ahead. And I wouldn't want it any other way.

No comments: