Thursday 14 August 2008

Kids Say The Darnest Things!

Anecdote 1

"Mummy, I am scared..."
"Scared of what?"
"Ghosts and monsters..."
"No need to be scared. God is always here to protect you..."
"Where? I can't see Him ..."
"God is everywhere. You just can't see him."
"Oh, I know. God is like germs!"

Some time ago, I was reminding Son No 3 to keep hygienic habits because germs are everywhere, they are just too tiny to be seen. He remembered!

Anecdote 2

My three sons are all huge fans of Star Wars. One day, Son No 3 came across a group of shoppers wearing the traditional black burqa, covering the whole body and face, except for the eyes. He pointed to them and exclaimed, "Look, it's Darth Vader!"


Anecdote 3

On entering a boutique with me, Son No 3 seemed to take a particular interest at the shop assistant who was standing glassy-eyed near the counter. His gaze continued to return to the girl even as he tagged along with me round the shop. As we left the shop after browsing, Son No 3 then asked me, "Mummy, was that a statue?"

Truly, Son No 3 is not capable of sarcasm, but what a damning verdict on the state of customer service here!

No comments: