Friday 20 February 2009

25 Random Things About Me

I've been tagged!  Thanks, sweet niece.  

I've been dying to get tagged since reading many blogs written by those who were tagged.  So now I am supposed to write 25 random things about myself?  Well, here goes...

1  I love my family insanely.  Though sometimes I do wish I can love them less and love myself more... 

2  I'd always wish I have soft hair.  My hair is thick and stiff, and even bonding doesn't help to soften its texture, so styling is very limited.  Ah, for some blow-in-your-face type of wispy hair...

3  My 3 favourite ice-cream flavours are rum and raisin, mint chocolate chip and macadamia nut from Haagen Daz.

4  If I could do only one piece of plastic surgery, I would do a liposuction on my tummy.

5  My dream travel destination - the Silk Road/Tibet.

6  I am a thinker. And proud to be one.  

7  I am passionate about issues of the day.  It's like I've missed out on the revolutionary youth phase or something and am now making up for it.

8  I like to read... a lot...  novels, biographies, newspapers, blogs, and even textbooks.  Seriously.

9  I also like to write a lot.  My writing skills served me well when I was holding a paid job, and now I am writing for myself....which is nice.  And sometimes, I write to the press or on on-line forums to let off steam.

9   My favourite character from Grey's Anatomy is Dr Izzie Stevens.  I imagine if I were a doctor, I would be like her.

10  My good friends from varsity are surprisingly like me, a stay-at-home mom to a brood of kids.  One has 5 children, another has 4 children.  Hmm... in a world where two-kid families and working moms are the norm, we must have shared many common values, even in our younger days.  No wonder we clicked.

11  I am a good driver.  I practise driving on the road like 4-5 hours a day.

12  I can't imagine a life without responsibilities.  Kind of sad, isn't it? 

13  I love playing the piano.  Always have and always will.  What I play depends on my mood.  Remember Clair de Lune from Twilight?  The piece that Edward put on in his bedroom?  I can play that too :)  

14  I hate Malaysian politics.  Really, really hate it.

15  Sometimes, I wish I have a daughter. I love my sons, but to have a girl to balance the yang... that would have been so-awesome.  Well, sometimes the boys wish they have a sister too.... so I shouldn't feel bad about it.  Just natural instinct.

16  When I watch shows that portray the close mother-daughter bond, like in Joy Luck Club, my eyes would be filled with tears.  I am thinking of my own complex relationship with my mother.  No wonder Amy Tan is one of my favourite authors.  

17  Mosquitoes love me.

18  I am not a people-person. Most people think I am aloof, since young. Others are wary about the intensity of my emotions, especially on things that I feel strongly about.  I don't do small talk.

19  I am still using the handphone that I bought in 2003.  The last watch that I owned lasted me more than 15 years.  I generally do not discard things until they are non-functional.   

20  I still have the blouse that I wore for my Varsity interview, and that's like donkey years ago. 

21  I do not understand why God made us such that we need to exercise in order to be healthy.  The only exercise I do daily is walking up and down the stairs leading to my carpark and stretching my right arm when I need to pay toll using my Touch-And-Go card.

22  I have zilch cooking skills.  The other day, my second son paid me a compliment when he said that even when mummy cooked the steamed pork, it still tasted good.  

23  Hoop earrings in white gold are my signature accessories.  I have like 5 pairs of them now, in different sizes and thickness.

24  I love Andrew Lloyd Webber's musicals, though my all-time favourite is Les Miserables.

25  I just want everyone to be happy.  Why is it so difficult?

   

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

i wanna learn how to play claire de lune also..

when i saw my friends posts on fb, i also wished they tag me too cos it looks fun!

Jolene Zheng said...

Clair de lune is a beautiful piece but be warned - it is in D flat major and its key signature has 5 flats!

I fumbled through the piece this morning... I am really out of practice now :(

Anonymous said...

i have a simpler version of cos..which does not sound as nice though..