Saturday 7 February 2009

Project Memory Lane

My hubby and I have embarked on a new project - Project Memory Lane.

It all began when my brother posted 3 Chinese New Year photos, taken over the last 3 years, on his Facebook account. This gave me the idea to do the same and so I attempted to trace back over the years all the CNY photos that we have taken. I started looking at the recent years and only found 3 years' worth of photos on my present laptop. My hubby's old and new laptops each stored some pictures - the earliest was taken in 2003.

In our enthusiasm, we took it one step further and began looking at photos taken before we had a digital camera. We carted out our old photo albums and guess what? We found CNY photos for every year, all the way back to 1993! I was jubilant!

The next step was to digitize those printed photos. Using a scanner, we patiently converted each photo into the digital format. It was time-consuming, but worth the effort.

I shall be uploading these photos into our Facebook account after some minimal touch-up so that Friends can share our trip down memory lane. Below is one of such CNY photos. Anyone can guess which year this was taken?


But that's not all.

Project Memory Lane will enter its second phase as we begin to compile digital photo albums for each of the three sons, from birth to present day.

Son No 1 (left - a digitised photo of his kindergarten graduation) had tonnes of photos in print, all arranged and labelled conscientiously in albums. In time to come - just don't ask me when - most of these photos will be digitised. That ought to keep us busy for a long while.

For Son No 3 (below), it would be easier as he was born into the digital era. We just need to find those digital photos! Look at the photo below - one can almost hear the gurgling laughter!

Along the way, we also re-discovered some old - and forgotten - videos of the children. It brought smiles and laughter to us all as we viewed their childhood antics. The children enjoyed them very much. Our Friends on Facebook would have seen some of those videos and hopefully, shared in the merriment.

I shall so-look forward to many, many hours living in the past!

2 comments:

yuenyim said...

i know that pic is waaayyy old..lol!!.but i was here at that time aldi..

Jolene Zheng said...

It was way back in 1995!