Wednesday 24 September 2008

Weddings 101

My three sons' cousin is getting married.

Yesterday, I mentioned to Son No 1 that his cousin would be back from Singapore next week to have her wedding photographs taken.

"I thought she is already married."

"Well, ya, she is registered. But she's going to the studio to take the wedding pictures."

"Why?"

"Hmm... It's once in a lifetime and they want to remember the occasion. In fact, she will be having 4 hours of outdoor shoot and 4 hours in the studio."

"Whhhhaaattt? Why so long?"

[Note: Son No 1 finds taking photographs a chore.]

"Ya, they will be taking maybe about 100 photos, so that they can choose, maybe 40? to put in their album. Next time, I'm sure your bride will want to do the same!"

"No way, we can take one photo.... she can take the rest by herself!"

Haha, that's the 12-year old male species talking. What a contrast - I remember when my girlfriends and I were 10 years old, we were already designing wedding gowns for our BIG day!

Wait til he hears that the wedding reception will be held in May next year. He would be thinking, when is this thing ever going to end?!!!

No comments: